Community Cold Weather Response
The Guelph & Wellington Task Force for Poverty Elimination is working with The County of Wellington, The City of Guelph, Stepping Stone, Wyndham House, Royal City Mission, Guelph Public Libraries, The Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington, Guelph Police Service and Wellington County OPP again this year to develop a Community Cold Weather Response Plan for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness. This plan outlines a protocol for the 2021/2022 cold weather season to support individuals experiencing homelessness to access and get to emergency shelters and warm-up locations in periods of cold weather.
The Community Cold Weather Response Plan for Individuals Experiencing Homelessness is not triggered by a specific temperature. Partners and community members are encouraged to use their judgement about the temperature and weather conditions, as well as the safety and wellbeing of individuals.
If you are experiencing homelessness and would like to access shelter:
- If you are an adult (25 years+) or a family and it is…
- between 8am-8pm, please call: 226-821-3345
- between 8pm-8am, please call: 519-837-0080
- If you are a youth (16-24 years), please call:
If you see someone unsheltered outdoors in need of assistance (not an emergency), call:
- HERE 24/7, 1-844-437-3247
- Guelph Police Service non-emergency line, 519-824-1212
- Wellington County OPP non-emergency line, 1-888-310-1122
- If it is an emergency situation: Call 911
Warm-up Location Hours:
- 23 Gordon Emergency Shelter (23 Gordon Street, Guelph) – Overnight, 8:00pm-8:00am (7 days a week)
- Royal City Mission (50 Quebec St.) – 11:00am-7:30pm (Mon-Sat, closed Sun)
- Guelph City Hall Warming Centre (1 Carden St.) – 8:30am-4:30pm (Mon-Fri, closed Saturday and Sunday).
- City of Guelph Main Branch Library (100 Norfolk St.) – 9:00am-9:00pm (Mon-Thurs), 9:00am-5:00pm (Fri & Sat), 1:00pm-5:00pm (Sun)
- All other library locations (380 Eramosa Rd., 1 Starwood Dr., 650 Scottsdale Dr., 21 Imperial Rd. S*., 100-31 Farley Dr.) – 9:00am-8:00pm (Mon-Thurs), 9:00am – 5:00pm (Fri & Sat), 1:00pm – 5:00pm (Sun) *21 Imperial Rd. S. open until 9:00pm on Fridays.
Please share this infographic widely. It will print as an 8.5 x 11 sheet: Cold Weather Response Infographic.